An afternoon at the Globe

Wrong play but my favourite epilogue. The world of the Globe is a very special one; detached from reality allowing you to luxuriate in the glories of Shakespeare. Bliss.


Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
As I foretold you, were all spirits and
Are melted into air, into thin air:
And, like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.

William Shakespeare
From The Tempest, Act 4 Scene 1

To find out more about A Midsummer Night's Dream: http://www.shakespearesglobe.com/theatre/whats-on/globe-theatre/a-midsummer-nights-dream-2013?utm_source=hp&utm_medium=customBlock&utm_campaign=Midsummer_hp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My friend says that the ISEB Pretest pass mark is ... " and other myths!

My favourite Irish "party piece" poem

How can I use the ZPD theory to parent my child?