School interviews - Looking at the world differently

 

Your child is unlike any other. They have insights, ideas and interests which are unique to them. 

School interviews are a time when this should shine forth! 

The worst advice I hear is that students should memorise answers for interviews. The best interview is a conversation. Even if a child is an Oscar-level actor, interviewers will quickly realise that they are parroting pre-rehearsed responses. 


Encourage your child to discuss their ideas and thoughts with you. You'll be amazed by the way they see the world. As will interviewers at the right-fit schools.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My friend says that the ISEB Pretest pass mark is ... " and other myths!

My favourite Irish "party piece" poem

How can I use the ZPD theory to parent my child?