13+ Common Entrance or Winchester College Revision Planning

Common Entrance and Scholarship exams are almost upon us...

Easter is a brilliant time to consolidate all your hard work and make a final push before the Common Entrance or scholarship exams.

Try these steps.

Get a copy of the Common Entrance syllabus from iseb.co.uk. Print out each subject.

Choose three coloured pens.

Go through the syllabus and use a different colour to mark each topic depending on your knowledge level (e.g. red - 'I am confident with this topic', green - 'I need to revise', yellow- 'I have no idea!')

Plan your revision based on your findings. If you have identified big topics which are confusing (e.g. tectonic plates) start with those.

In the next update, I will give you some ideas for planning each study session. In the meantime, and importantly, don't panic! I have had students whose grades have gone from Ds to As after Easter revision sessions. There is still time, you just need to use it wisely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My friend says that the ISEB Pretest pass mark is ... " and other myths!

My favourite Irish "party piece" poem

How can I use the ZPD theory to parent my child?