What is a dress code?


I did an interview with Singtao newspaper today in which we discussed dress codes and why they are important. I know that some people think that dress codes are out of fashion but to me they are a way of saying to your host "I appreciate you inviting me to this event. I recognise that you have invested time and money in planning and care about me enough to share your generosity with me. I am making an effort!'

We are living in a society in which the silent ways of showing we care for each other are being eroded. I do not think that respect is an old fashioned value, rather it is a standard by which we can live our lives. Not turning up in jeans to a formal wedding is little to ask of us!

Watch some of the interview on Singtao online

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My friend says that the ISEB Pretest pass mark is ... " and other myths!

My favourite Irish "party piece" poem

How can I use the ZPD theory to parent my child?