Reading with your children Brandon at Harbour City, Hong Kong

Amongst the many gifts my parents gave to us was the love of reading. My memories of spending time listening to them read to us are extremely precious.

For anyone who isn't sure how to start reading with their children, try the following:

1: Find a quiet place where you can focus without distractions
2: Choose a book with dialogue so you can use different voices (don't be shy!)
3: With older children, take it in turns to read
4: Try to avoid turning your reading into a lesson
5: Enjoy, these are times to be cherished

This weekend, my Brandon Learning Centre colleagues and I are giving a series of workshops aimed at encouraging the habit of reading to children. Anyone who is near the Harbour Centre (Tsim Sha Tsui) on Saturday or Sunday is very welcome to come!

Kidxperience - Harbour City

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My friend says that the ISEB Pretest pass mark is ... " and other myths!

My favourite Irish "party piece" poem

How can I use the ZPD theory to parent my child?