Speech Festivals; The Voice is Everything

I watched one of our Brandon students practising for the HKSMSA Speech Festival today. She has a terrific voice and the interpretation of her poem is sensitive and engaging. In short, a terrific performance.

If you are preparing for a speech festival, try to focus your efforts on your voice and face. Your facial expressions should follow and complement your voice. Try the following:

Practice by reading in front of a mirror. Does your face show the emotion you are trying to put into your voice? If not, is it working against you?

After a few readings, you will be able to understand the connection between your two main tools and will start to create a perfect performance!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My friend says that the ISEB Pretest pass mark is ... " and other myths!

My favourite Irish "party piece" poem

How can I use the ZPD theory to parent my child?